BBC channels switching to HD only
The BBC channels are changing to HD only.
This means if you don’t have a HD box, you'll soon lose all BBC channels, and will instead see this message when local programming is on.
To see if your Sky box is affected, either:
A) Select channel 101 on your remote. If you see BBC One HD, you're not affected. If you see BBC One in SD, you are and you'll need to upgrade your Sky box.
- Press Services on your Sky remote
- Press 4 then 5
- Check the version number, as seen in the image below:
The affected boxes are:
- 4F01 to 4F08 (Amstrad)
- 4E01 to 4E05 (Grundig)
- 9F01 to 9F08 and 9F0A (Pace)
- 0F01 to 0F05 (Panasonic)
- 4E06 to 4E08 (Thomson)
- 4F2001 to 4F2006 (Amstrad)
- 4F2101 to 4F2118 and 9F2101 to 9F2137 (Amstrad or Pace)
- 9F2001 to 9F2024, PVR2, 9F2201 to 9F2235, 9F2301 to 9F2339 (Pace)
- 4E2101 to 4E2141 (Thomson)
What to do if you’re affected
Sky TV customers can upgrade to Sky Q at no extra cost. Upgrade online, or call 0333 759 5121 - we'd advise doing this as soon as possible to avoid long wait times.
Your new box will be installed by one of our engineers on a date that suits you.
You can then watch all the BBC channels in HD – including all local programmes.