Terms and Conditions – UK
This page contains key facts (below) as well as links to some important information about our subscriptions and services for new customers in the United Kingdom, including the terms and conditions that apply to the services they receive from us. Please select the appropriate link from the list on the left to be taken to the relevant document or webpage.
If you have any questions or want to talk to us about any of this, please contact us by Live Chat, phone or email.
• All your Sky services are for domestic use only.
• To end your TV contract, you'll need to give us a minimum of 31 days' notice which cannot end before your minimum term. Early termination charges are payable if, during your minimum terms, your Talk or Broadband contracts end, or we end your TV contract because you breach your T&Cs. Find out more about early termination charges.
• We may charge any one-off payments you owe us to the card you used to pay for your set-up or upfront payment.
• Your cancellation rights will be sent to you with your full terms and conditions. You agree your Sky services may start during your cooling off period, you may still cancel your services at any time within this period but you will need to pay for any services used and costs incurred up to that point.
• We will charge you an extra 30p per month if you pay by continuous credit or debit card mandate.
• We will bill you monthly in advance for all your subscription services. Other charges, such as Sky Box Office, Sky Store or non-inclusive call charges will be billed in arrears. Any offers will be shown on your statement.
• We will send you confirmation of your Direct Debit agreement separately.
• Information on how we deal with complaints and options for alternative dispute resolution, can be found in our 'Complaints Code of Practice' which you will find by visiting 'Complaints' in the My Sky section of sky.com. You can also visit http://help.sky.com/articles/sky-customer-complaints-code-of-practice or https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr.
• You must get any necessary consent before installation, for example, planning or landlord permission. Non-standard set-up of your TV services may cost extra e.g. it requires additional cabling, brackets or mounts.
• If, from information you have provided, fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering. We can provide you with further details explaining how the information held by these agencies may be used.
• Sky may use your information to contact you about content, products and services that we think you'd like, including for a reasonable period after you cease to be a Sky customer. By becoming a customer you are agreeing to this unless you opt out by calling us on 03442 41 41 41 or by changing your preferences via your My Sky account.
Sky Q box customers
• An 18 month minimum term applies to your Sky TV package. If you add Sky Q Multiscreen to your existing Sky TV package, a 12 month minimum term applies to Sky Q Multiscreen.
• In your minimum term, Sky TV / Sky Q Multiscreen prices may increase by up to 10% of the standard price once every 12 months. Other prices and services may also vary. We will let you know about any material changes before we make them.
• Sky Q boxes including remotes supplied with them and the Sky Q Hub are loaned to you by Sky at no cost and must be returned when the Sky service they are used with ends. Any dish we provide is owned by you.
• Your new contracts will be posted to your My Sky account. Create a SkyiD to log in from sky.com to view your terms and conditions.
• You need active broadband to get the most out of your Sky Q 1TB and Sky Q 2TB box(es).
• Sky Q 1TB and Sky Q 2TB boxes must connect to a TV using an HDMI cable.
• The Sky Q app only works on compatible devices.
• You can only use 2 Sky Q Mini boxes at the same time with a Sky Q 2TB box or 1 with a Sky Q 1TB box. Sky recommend the maximum number of Mini boxes connected and powered at any one time is 4.
• TV links are not compatible with Sky Q as there are no RF connections. If you wish to view Sky Q on an additional TV, a Sky Q Mini box will be required.
• If you are an existing Sky Q customer and you add Sky Q 2TB we'll activate your Sky Q 2TB subscription on the day you ordered it but you won't pay for it for the first 10 days. This is to give you time to receive and install your Sky Q Mini box(es).
• You can view your bill at least 14 days before your monthly payment due date, make payments and manage your account online through My Sky, via the My Sky app, or on your Sky box through interactive or via 'My Account'.
Additional information for existing Sky TV customers moving to Sky Q
• Sky Q replaces your existing Sky TV services. Our engineer will uninstall Sky boxes you currently use and your Viewing Card(s) will no longer work with them.
• Your current Sky TV contracts will end and a new contract for your Sky Q package under new terms and conditions starts. These will be posted to your My Sky account.
• If you have any subscriptions that are not on your Sky bill you'll need to speak to the provider you pay to ensure your viewing continues on the Sky Q box. You'll need to tell them the number of the Viewing Card for the Sky Q box. If you view any of these subscriptions on other Sky boxes in your house we cannot guarantee their continued availability on those boxes or on a Sky Q Mini box used in that room instead. You'll need to speak to the provider to discuss options.
• When you receive your new Viewing Card please keep it safe and give it to your Sky engineer when they arrive to install your box(es).
Sky+ box customers - TV, HD, Multiscreen and Sky+
• Separate minimum terms apply to each of your Sky TV, Sky+, Sky HD and Multiscreen services. The length of the minimum terms is as agreed when you ordered your services and will be confirmed by us in writing.
• In your minimum term TV / Sky / Sky HD prices may increase once by up to 10%. Other prices and services may also vary. We will let you know about any material changes before we make them.
• You can view your bill at least 14 days before your monthly payment due date, make payments and manage your account online through My Sky, via the My Sky app, or on your Sky box through interactive.
• As a Sky Multiscreen customer, if you have home broadband any internet enabled Sky box you have must be connected to your router if we have provided the equipment you need to connect e.g. an On Demand connector.
• If your block of flats has a communal satellite dish, you will not be able to receive full Sky functionality unless you have more than one satellite connection in your flat.
• You will need a Sky subscription (free to Sky TV customers) to use the recording and other Sky features.
On Demand and Sky Go Extra
• Time to start viewing On Demand content depends on your broadband download speed, a minimum 2Mbps for standard definition programming or 6Mbps for HD programming is recommended.
• Once your Sky TV is active it may take up to 24 hours to enable Sky Go Extra.
• Downloads are not available on games consoles and via 3G.
• If you are a Sky Q Multiscreen customer, Sky Go Extra is included when you've registered for Sky Go.
Sky Broadband & Talk General Information
• Separate minimum terms apply to each of your Sky Broadband and Talk services. The length of the minimum terms is as agreed when you ordered your services and will be confirmed by us in writing shortly.
• Other prices and services may also vary. We will let you know about any material changes before we make them. If we increase your monthly subscription price for Sky Broadband, Talk or Line Rental you may cancel your subscription without early termination charge. Details of call rates and optional charges can be found on sky.com
• Unless you are a cable customer with Virgin Media, you do not need to contact your existing provider to tell them you are switching your telephone or broadband service. We will do this on your behalf. If you are switching from a cable provider you will need to contact them in order to cancel your talk services if you are unable to keep your telephone number and to cancel your broadband services.
• If we indicated that your services will be provided on the Sky Network (i.e. you ordered Sky Broadband 12GB, Unlimited or Fibre) it means that if you cancel or switch either your broadband or talk service to another provider, both your services will be cancelled and a reactivation charge may apply.
• If you have booked an engineer visit for Broadband installation or a new line order you must contact us before 3.30pm on the working day before the installation date to re-arrange or cancel your appointment. If you fail to do so or you miss or fail to make the necessary arrangements for your appointment to take place, we will retain your installation fee and a charge may apply for another appointment.
• You must keep the Sky Broadband Product you have chosen for the duration of your minimum term.
• Your Sky Broadband price will increase by £5 per month if you cancel Sky Talk.
• Sky Broadband 12GB has a 12GB monthly usage allowance. If you go over your usage cap twice in any six month period you will be upgraded to Sky Broadband Unlimited. We will send you alerts before this happens.
• Sky Fibre has a 25GB usage allowance. If you exceed the allowance twice in any six months, you'll be upgraded to Sky Fibre Unlimited. We'll send you alerts before this happens.
• Sky Broadband Connect is subject to a fair usage policy which means network bandwidth is shared equally amongst all Sky Broadband Connect customers who are online at the same time. This means speeds may be slower on week days between 5pm and midnight and all day at weekends. Find out more about our fair usage policy
• The speed check given to you is an estimate of the maximum line speed that your line may receive. Your Estimated Access Line Speed is calculated by looking at the speeds of our existing broadband customers that have a line of similar length to you. Your actual speed is likely to be lower because it is influenced by factors including: the length of your line from your local telelphone exchange, the condition of your line, your home wiring and the number of customers on the network or any particular website at any one time. Your through put speed is also influenced by a number of factors including: network capacity, if you're using a wireless connection and the number of devices connected to it and the set-up of your device as well as the number of applications you are using. If it's lower than the estimate you should contact Sky. Further information about broadband speeds is available on sky.com and will be provided in the welcome pack we'll send you by letter or email.
• On the first day your line will start at its fastest possible speed and Dynamic Line Management will monitor the line for 24 hours. Depending on the line's stability, the speed will be adjusted, then checked again in 24 hours. This will continue for up to ten days until it finds the most stable speed for your line so please leave your Sky Hub turned on for the first ten days. That way, we can test different broadband speeds and settings on your line. During these first ten days you may notice some variations in your broadband speed and your connection may be intermittent at times - this is normal
• After the first ten days, if your actual Access Line Speed is below your Guaranteed Minimum Access Line Speed estimate provided, please contact us and we will carry out our diagnostic and resolution processes to help improve your speed. If the steps we recommend cannot resolve the problem, you can leave your contract without penalty throughout the duration of your contract in accordance with Ofcom's Voluntary Code of Practice on Broadband Speeds.
• On Demand downloads count towards your Broadband monthly usage cap.
• With Sky Pay as You Talk you get Sky Line Rental only - you pay for any calls you make.
• With Sky Talk Evenings & Weekends Extra you get inclusive evening and weekend calls of up to one hour to UK 01, 02, 03, 0870, 0845 and UK mobile numbers.
• With Sky Talk Anytime Extra you get inclusive calls of up to an hour to UK 01 02, 03, 0870, 0845 and UK mobile numbers.
• With Sky Talk International Extra you get inclusive calls of up to an hour to UK 01 02, 03, 0870, 0845 and UK mobile numbers plus selected international geographic landline destinations (also includes calls to mobiles in Canada and the USA).
• Your Sky Talk service may activate within 24 hours. If you get a dial tone before receiving any correspondence from us, call 17070 to find out your new number.
• Please take a look at the Sky Talk Tariff Guide to see how much any non-inclusive calls you make will cost you.
• Remotely monitored security alarms, social alarms and Telecare services use your phone line. If you have one of these, it is your responsibility to ensure it is compatible. If you experience problems with your service, you should contact us on 03442 414141 to investigate the issue.
Freesat from Sky
• Freesat from Sky viewing card can only be used in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man.
• For security reasons viewing cards may be replaced from time to time. If this happens you will have to buy a new viewing card to see some free to view channels.