Terms and Conditions – UK
This page contains key facts (below) as well as links to some important information about your subscriptions and our services in the United Kingdom, including the terms and conditions that apply to the services you receive from us. Please select the appropriate link from the list on the left to be taken to the relevant document or webpage.
If you have any questions or want to talk to us about any of this, please contact us by Live Chat, phone or email.
• Separate minimum terms apply to each of your Sky TV, Sky+, Sky HD, Multiscreen, Broadband and Talk services. The length of the minimum terms is as specified when you order your services and will be confirmed by us in writing.
• In your minimum term TV/Sky+/Sky HD and Multiscreen prices may increase once by up to 10% of the standard price. Other prices and services may also vary. We will let you know about any material changes before we make them. If we increase your monthly subscription price for Sky Broadband, Talk or Line Rental you may cancel your subscription without early termination charge. Details of call rates and optional charges can be found on sky.com.
• If you end your TV/Talk/Broadband contracts in your minimum term, you will have to pay us an early termination charge. We may charge this to the card you used to pay for your set up or upfront payment.
Your cancellation rights will be sent to you with your full terms and conditions. You can cancel your services at any time in your cooling off period but you will still need to pay for any services used and charges incurred up to that point.
• We will charge you an extra 50p per month if you pay by continuous credit or debit card mandate.
• We will bill you monthly in advance for all your subscription services. Other charges, such as Sky Box Office, Sky Store or non-inclusive call charges will be billed in arrears. Any offers will be shown on your statement.
• You can view your bill at least 14 days before your monthly payment due date, make payments and manage your account online through My Sky, the Sky Service App or via interactive on your Sky box.
• We will send you confirmation of your Direct Debit agreement separately.
• Information on how we deal with complaints and options for alternative dispute resolution, can be found in our 'Complaints Code of Practice' which you will find by visiting ‘Complaints’ in the My Sky section of sky.com or by going to http://help.sky.com/articles/sky-customer-complaints-code-of-practice.
• You must get any necessary consent before installation, for example, planning or landlord permission.
• Your Sky services are for domestic use only.
• If, from information you have provided, fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering. We can provide you with further details explaining how the information held by these agencies may be used.
• Sky may use your information to contact you about content, products and services that we think you’d like, including for a reasonable period after you cease to be a Sky customer. By becoming a customer you are agreeing to this unless you opt out by calling us on 03442 41 41 41 or by changing your preferences via your MySky account.
Sky TV, HD, Multiscreen and Sky+
• As a Sky Multiscreen customer, if you have home broadband any internet enabled Sky box you have must be connected to your router if we have provided the equipment you need to connect e.g. an On Demand connector.
• Non-standard set-up may cost extra e.g. it requires additional cabling, brackets or mounts.
• If your block of flats has a communal satellite dish, you will not be able to receive full Sky+ functionality unless you have more than one satellite connection in your flat.
• You will need a Sky+ subscription (free to Sky TV customers) to use the recording and other Sky+ features.
Freesat from Sky
• Freesat from Sky viewing card can only be used in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man.
• For security reasons viewing cards may be replaced from time to time. If this happens you will have to buy a new viewing card to see some free to view channels.
• On Demand requires a compatible Sky+HD box. Time to start viewing depends on your broadband download speed, a minimum 2Mbps is recommended.
Sky Go Extra
• Once your Sky TV is active it may take up to 24 hours to enable Sky Go Extra. Downloads are not available on games consoles or via 3G.
• You must keep the Sky Broadband Product you have chosen for the duration of your minimum term.
• Your Sky Broadband price will increase by £5 per month if you cancel Sky Talk.
• Sky Broadband Lite has a 2GB monthly usage allowance. If you go over your usage cap twice in any six month period you will be upgraded to Sky Broadband Unlimited. We will send you alerts before this happens.
• Sky Fibre has a 25GB usage allowance. If you exceed the allowance twice in any six months, you’ll be upgraded to Sky Fibre Unlimited. We’ll send you alerts before this happens.
• Sky Broadband Connect is subject to a fair usage policy which means network bandwidth is shared equally amongst all Sky Broadband Connect customers who are online at the same time. This means speeds may be slower on week days between 5pm and midnight and all day at weekends.
• The speed check given to you is an estimate of the maximum line speed that your line may receive. Your Estimated Access Line Speed is calculated by looking at the speeds of our existing broadband customers that have a line of similar length to you. Your actual speed is likely to be lower because it is influenced by factors including: the length of your line from your local telelphone exchange, the condition of your line, your home wiring and the number of customers on the network or any particular website at any one time. Your through put speed is also influenced by a number of factors including: network capacity, if you're using a wireless connection and the number of devices connected to it and the set up of your device as well as the number of applications you are using. If it’s significantly lower than the estimate you should contact Sky. Further information about broadband speeds is available on sky.com and will be provided in the welcome pack we'll send you by letter or email.
• On the first day your line will start at its fastest possible speed and Dynamic Line Management will monitor the line for 24 hours. Depending on the line's stability, the speed will be adjusted, then checked again in 24 hours. This will continue for up to ten days until it finds the most stable speed for your line. Please leave your Sky Hub turned on for the first ten days. That way, we can test different broadband speeds and settings on your line. During these first ten days you may notice some variations in your broadband speed and your connection may be intermittent at times - this is normal
• After the first 10 days if your actual Access Line Speed is significantly below your Guaranteed Minimum Access Line Speed estimate provided, we will carry out our diagnostic and resolution processes to help improve your speed. If the steps we recommend cannot resolve the problem, you can leave your contract without penalty throughout the duration of your contract in accordance with Ofcom’s Voluntary Code of Practice on Broadband Speeds.
• With Sky Pay as You Talk you get Sky Line Rental only - you pay for any calls you make.
• With Sky Talk Evenings & Weekends Extra you get inclusive evening and weekend calls of up to one hour to UK 01, 02, 03, 0870, 0845 and UK mobile numbers.
• With Sky Talk Anytime Extra you get inclusive calls of up to an hour to UK 01 02, 03, 0870, 0845 and UK mobile numbers.
• With Sky Talk International Extra you get inclusive calls of up to an hour to UK 01 02, 03, 0870, 0845 and UK mobile numbers plus selected international geographic landline destinations (also includes calls to mobiles in Canada and the USA).
• Please view the Sky Talk Tariff Guide to find out the cost of non-inclusive calls.
• Sky may use your information to contact you about content, products and services that we think you;d like, inlcuding a reasonable period after you ease to be a Sky customer. By becoming a customer you are agreeing to this unless you opt out by calling us on 03442 41 41 41 or by changing your preferences via your MySky account.
• Unless you are a cable customer with Virgin Media, you do not need to contact your existing provider to tell them you are switching your telephone or broadband service. We will do this on your behalf.
• If you are switching from a cable provider you will need to contact them in order to cancel your talk services if you are unable to keep your telephone number and to cancel your broadband services.
• Your Sky Talk service may activate within 24 hours. If you get a dial tone before receiving any correspondence from us, call 17070 to find out your new number.
• Remotely monitored security alarms, social alarms and Telecare services use your phone line. If you have one of these, it is your responsibility to ensure it is compatible. If you experience problems with your service, you should contact us on 03442 414141 to investigate the issue.
• If we indicate that your services will be provided on the Sky Network (i.e. you ordered Sky Broadband Lite, Unlimited or Fibre) it means that if you cancel or switch either your broadband or talk service to another provider, both your services will be cancelled and a reactivation charge may apply.
Broadband Installation and New Line Orders
• If you book an engineer visit you must contact us before 3.30pm on the working day before the installation date to re-arrange or cancel your appointment. If you fail to do so or you miss or fail to make the necessary arrangements for your appointment to take place, we will retain your installation fee and a charge may apply for another appointment.